House Rent Rules: Know the rules before renting your house, know the rules here


The right way to rent out your property: There are certain rules in the property law, where a tenant can claim rights over a property after he has lived in it continuously for 12 years. Though the terms are quite strict, your property may come under dispute.

Many times people rent an empty room or the whole house of their house to someone. So that their income continues. Because but buying property in metros like Delhi-Mumbai is a very expensive deal. Because the rent here is more than the common cities. But, many times the owner of the property does not take care of the house for years after renting it out. They only care about the rent that reaches the account every month.

This is negligence and someday it can be very heavy. There are certain provisions in the property law where a tenant can claim possession of a property after continuous possession of it for 12 years. Though the terms are quite strict, your property may come under dispute.

The law of adverse possession dates back to the British era. If you understand it in simple words, then it is the law of illegal occupation of land. However, it is accepted under the circumstances given above. The 12-year law does not apply to government property. This has been done under very old law. Many times due to this the owners have to lose their property. Long-term renters try to use it multiple times. This is where the landlord needs to be careful.

what is the rule

If the property is occupied in a peaceful manner and the landlord is also aware of the same, then the ownership of the property can be claimed under adverse possession. The biggest thing in this is that the landlord should not have imposed any restriction regarding that occupation during the period of 12 years. That is, it is also necessary to prove that the possession of the property was continuous and there was no vandalism in it. The encroacher also needs property deed, tax receipt, electricity or water bill, affidavits of witnesses etc.

method of protection

If you are going to give your house on rent then make sure to get the rent agreement done, it is for 11 months and hence it has to be renewed every 11 months, which will be treated as an interruption in continuous possession of the property. Second you can change the tenant from time to time. You should always keep an eye on your property that no illegal encroachment has been done there. Trusting someone and leaving the property unattended can cause loss for you.

Measures to take back the house from the tenant

If you think that the tenant can occupy your house or shop, then in such a situation you can use these methods to get him to vacate the house.

If the tenant does not pay the rent, then his electricity-water connection should not be disconnected at all. In such a situation, he can take his connection personally.
Always get the property papers done in your name. If this does not happen then the tenant can harass you.
You force the tenant to vacate the property. You can also take the help of the police for this.
Keep sending eviction notices to the tenant.
Even after getting the notice, if he does not vacate the house, then you should file a petition in the civil court. After which you will get the right to legally vacate the house.
Under Section 103 IPC of the Indian Constitution, if a tenant occupies your house, you can use force to evict him.

(pc rights of employees)

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *